FINDAR® uses ground penetrating radar (GPR) technology to enable law enforcement to quickly and effectively search for evidence buried under the ground.
The advantage of GPR compared to other commonly-used subsurface search technologies, such as metal detectors, is its ability to detect both metallic and non-metallic objects. FINDAR can locate:
- Clandestine graves
- Drugs or money buried in metal or plastic containers
- Buried weapons and ammunition stashes
Benefits of FINDAR®
- Locate evidence in real time
- Convenient and intuitive to use with minimal training
- Locate buried evidence on a variety of terrains and make decisions on-site.
- The intuitive user interface guides investigators through a systematic grid search
- Generate 3D images on-site in seconds pinpointing the position and depth of potential evidence
- Compact and portable system that fits into a single hand-carried shipping case.
- Transfer data and captured images to a PC and integrate images into reports.
- Archive data and screenshots in a single file for future reference
Collect cross-sectional lines for reconnaissance purposes. Identify and focus your search on relevant areas
For detailed survey over areas of interest, collect grids. Easily collect lines around obstacles within the grid.
3D Depth Slicing
After collecting a grid of data, generate depth slice images on-site. Quickly pinpoint the position and depth of potential targets.
Classify targets in real time with field interpretations. Use the touchscreen to color-code each target as it is located.
Using the optional external GPS, Line scans, grids and field interpretations are displayed on the screen in a plan map view.
At any point during the survey, save screen captures of line data, map views and depth slices as graphic images.
Using the EKKO_Project™
PC software, display your survey lines, depth slices and interpretations in Google Earth™ and other similar geo-referenced platforms.
USB Data Transfer
Project data is saved to a USB memory device for archiving and transfer to a computer.
EKKO_Project™ PC Software
Data exported from FINDAR® uses the EKKO_Project™ PC software for Data Management, Display, Archiving and Reporting. Each project contains time-stamped data (line and grids) and screen images.
See all of your project information at a glance. Easily add photos and other attachments into the GPR project for archiving and reporting.
Optional: Utility Suite Software
Enhancing EKKO_Project™ with the Utility Suite software enables more advanced data analysis and reporting, including:
- Modifying line views and depth slices
- Exporting depth slices into Google Earth™
- Add point, polyline, box and annotation interpretations to GPR lines
- Processing reconnaissance surveys into depth slices
The Utility Suite includes the LineView, SliceView and Interpretation modules.
Optional: 3D Visualization Software
The SliceView module supports 3D volume data exports for use in third-party 3D visualization programs such as Voxler.
Lease to Own option available