Back to News List
March 1, 2009 - Introducing IceMap
IceMap - A new Noggin based GPR system
With increased activity in arctic regions and the impacts of climate change, operators of winter roads runways on ice need reliable and timely measure of ice thickness.
Sensors & Software announces the introduction of IceMap, a new Noggin GPR system designed specifically for rapid profiling of ice thickness. Building on the traditional Noggin GPR family strengths of reliability, toughness and accuracy combined with years of practical operation for ice applications, the IceMap system optimizes operation specifically for the needs of the ice profiling community.
Features of the new IceMap system include:
- Minimum ice thickness indicator
- Current GPS positions continuously displayed
- Cumulative distance travelled based on GPS
- Simplified ice property calibration process
- Optimal integration of IcePicker and Google Earth displays
- Simple re-call and replay of recorded data
- Fresh water or sea-ice settings
Existing owners of Noggin ice profiling systems with DVL III units may upgrade to new IceMap configuration at minimal or no cost.
For further information on the IceMap system contact one of our application specialists.
# # #